Sunday, September 25, 2005

MENTAL NOTE!!!!

Boy, did I dodge the bullet today! I was washing some pots and pans in the sink and noticed that water was backing up in the disposal side of the sink. I reached over to turn on the disposal. Just as my finger touched the switch, I caught a glint of something out of the corner of my eye. I stopped and reached down into the water... a spoon!!!! It had slipped down into the opening with just the end of the handle sticking out. It would have torn the disposal all to pieces if I had turned it on. Whew!!! ALWAYS check your disposal before turning it on!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came by way of my son-in-law's site. Just wanted to say Hi.

Lucky you spotted the spoon. It sure would've made a God awful noise too.

Jamie Marie said...

Thank God I saw that spoon! I live with my son and daughter-in-law. I know my son wouldn't have been mad but I would have felt AWFUL if I'd destroyed his disposal! :-D

Jamie Marie said...

By the way, thanks for dropping by, Ma!

Anonymous said...

And thank you for dropping by my site.