Friday, August 12, 2005

My parents are not ogres!!!!!

After reading my previous post again, I think I need to elaborate a bit on my parents. I fear I've made them seem like a couple of ogres who kept me chained in my room! Nothing could be further from the truth. They've always tried to do what they thought was in my best interest even though it would seem otherwise. If I had put up a fight I probably could have persuaded them to see things my way when I was in high school. But, not wanting to hurt them by going against their wishes, I went along with what they wanted me to do. I do regret it now. Had I gone in another direction and taken a different career path, I know things would have been entirely different in my life. I would not have gotten into a terrible situation that changed not only my life but the lives of my children and my parents as well. But, the blame for everything rests with me. I made my choices and they've come back to haunt me. However, without the love and support of my parents, my children and I would not have the life we've been able to carve out for ourselves today. As bad as the situation was, we've come through it. We've survived what I thought was "unsurvivable." We are closer than we've ever been and are more thankful for our lives that we ever were before. I love you Mom and Dad!!!

No comments: