Sunday, August 28, 2005

Just my humble opinion

I saw this photo today in an article about "Peace Mom" Cindy Sheehan. Whether or not you agree with her is your own personal choice. However, I found it disturbing that the children in this photo are so very young. They have no idea, really, what this is all about. They are just following along with what their parents have told them. I don't believe parents should drag young children into situations such as this where they cannot make informed decisions on their own. If a parent wants to voice their opinion - fine. Don't trot your children out for this kind of thing. As I said, just my humble opinion.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I agree. Note the smile on the girl's face. Taunting a mother who is distraught with the war situation is fun?

Suzanne

Jamie Marie said...

That was what really got me. This child really knows nothing of what this is all about. Sad.