Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sappy poetry alert #2

Your Eyes Called My Name
by Jamie Marie from Fly With Me

I thought I could keep myself out of love’s reach
With a wall built around me that love couldn’t breach
I’d never lose control of my heart. I was much too sane
So I never saw it coming when your eyes called my name

The first time we met the attraction was so strong
I should have sensed then what was going on
Though you never spoke; I heard just the same
Each time our gaze met, your eyes called my name

I tried to walk away from you, to leave you behind
I had too many plans; other things on my mind
I didn’t want the distraction or to play this game
But I stopped and turned around; your eyes called my name

My pulse began to quicken and my thoughts began to spin
My mind cried out to run; my heart would not give in
You put your arms around me; I knew there I’d remain
Each time I tried to turn away, your eyes called my name

You eyes, the color of umber, held my firmly in their grasp
Though I tried to fight it, love was here at last
Each night I lie beside you; my thoughts always the same
I’m so glad my heart listened when your eyes called my name

No comments: