Sunday, April 02, 2006

Did I mention I write sappy poetry?

Well, I do. It's just stuff that means something to me. I don't expect to win any awards or accolades (oh, that's funny). I could probably be the poet laureate of the local trailer park but that's about it. It's all pretty sappy but, hey, it rhymes! Well, most of the time! I have compiled the poems into 2 "books"...Fly With Me and A Beggar's Rose. Each poem will be credited to Jamie Marie who is, of course, my alter ego. The poems came about as a thought or word which my fevered little brain just couldn't quite let go of so, I built a poem around that thought. I can't imagine that anyone would want to, but if you should (you probably need to seek medical attention immediately), I ask that you don't use any of it without my permission. That would make me angry..."you wouldn't like me when I'm angry" to quote the Hulk. Anyway, I've made the momentous decision to offer myself up for ridicule and post some of it here on occasion. You've been warned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's good. I write sometimes too. I think people should write when a thought comes to mind.It is very healthy to do so instead of keeping everything inside.

Go here: The Calm Sea and you can read some of the songs and poetry my husband and I have written.