Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My hero

After the previous post extolling the virtues of my mom, I realized I needed to post about my dad also. Pop turned 78 years old in January. He too is beautiful inside and out. Pop had a hard life growing up. He had to quit school at 15 and go to work to help support his family after his father left. Even with just an 8th grade education he managed to gain the experience to become a Class A machinist with General Electric where he worked for nearly 20 years. After his retirement he set up his woodworking shop (part of which can be seen in the photo) where he built furniture and various other items. He has had both knees replaced with stainless steel joints, 2 quadruple coronary by-pass surgeries and most recently he had a defibrillator implanted. His health won't let him do a lot of things now that he used to do and it is hard for him to realize that he needs to slow down. He's a real go-getter! There'e never been a time when I couldn't go to him with a problem. He's always been there for me. Here's to you Pop! I love you!!!

No comments: