Saturday, June 03, 2006

Huh?

I work in the Shipping Department (actually, I AM the Shipping Department) of a mid-sized company. This is an actual question asked by a Customer Service Rep (college education, former teacher...natural blonde):

CSR: If I ship a package today (Thursday) by UPS Next Day Air, when will it get there?

Me: Uh...tomorrow (DUH!!! Next Day Air...get it...NEXT Day)

CSR: Tomorrow or Saturday at the latest?

Me: No...tomorrow (WTF??? What part of NEXT...DAY...AIR is givin' ya a problem here?)

CSR: Oh, okay! (giggle, giggle)

As she bounced away in her blissful ignorance I was left with mouth agape wondering how the HELL she finds her way out of the parking lot in the afternoon. Dumb as a box of hair.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha.
:D
Dum dum dum.

Jamie Marie said...

Yeah, almost a dum as the co-worker who asked me how many minutes was in .50 of an hour! :-/

Pugs said...

hmmm... must be a good firm you work for, can't say couriers are that reliable home here in the U.K.
It's a next day that turns out to be a next week delivery!

Jamie Marie said...

Hi, Pugs. We do all our shipping with UPS. It's extremely rare, in my experience, for a Next Day Air package to be delayed, hence my wonderment at Ms. CSR's statement. UPS packages may take a beating but they do usually get there on time. :-)

Anonymous said...

I can top this...

I used to work for a paint and wallpaper store and a lady called in and asked...

"Do you sell paint in cans?"

I was sorely tempted to say, "No, we sell it by the handful. If you're coming, wear gloves."

Jamie Marie said...

I concede, you do indeed have the best one I've EVER heard!