Saturday, March 18, 2006

A few of my favorite things...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...nah, not THAT kind of favorite thing.

These are just a few things that I like. I don't expect anyone to agree/disagree with me. This is just me!

Bands:
Current band - Green Day (American Idiot was awesome)
Classic rock - The Eagles (of course)
Solo gigs - Don Henley (of course, again)
Newer Country - Garth Brooks
Classic Country - Johnny Cash
60's and beyond - The Beatles (greatest rock band of ALL time)

Songs:
Current band - Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Classic rock - The Eagles - Hotel California
Solo gigs - Don Henley - Heart of the Matter
Newer Country - Garth Brooks - What She's Doing Now
Classic Country - Johnny Cash - I Still Miss Someone
60's and beyond - The Beatles - In My Life

Food:
Mexican - Chicken Fajitas (Yum)
Italian - Baked Spaghetti
Chinese - Sesame Chicken
"American" - Cheeseburgers
My son's homemade chicken quesadillas

Restaurants:
Mexican - Chicken Fajitas (Yum) - Monterrey Mexican Restauante
Italian - Baked Spaghetti - Olive Tree
Chinese - Sesame Chicken - Lieu's Chinese Bistro
"American" - Cheeseburgers - McDonald's (yes, I know I'm a freak!)
McAlister's Deli - Bacon spud (AWESOME)

Colors - purple and red

Beverages - Coffee and Diet Sprite

Clothes - Jeans all the way, baby! I'm not much of a dress up kind of gal. I like to be comfortable and, as those who know me well will attest, I've never been a slave to fashion.

Books - Don't care much for biographies and such. I prefer works of fiction.

Authors:
John Grisham - The Runaway Jury
James Patterson - Kiss the Girls
Stephen King - The Dark Tower Series (love them all but if I had to pick a favorite, I guess it would be The Gunslinger)
Stephen White - Private Practices
Anne Rice - Interview with the Vampire
David Baldacci - Simple Truth
Dean Koontz - Intensity
John Sandford - Rules of Prey

Flowers:

Roses - all colors
Snapdragons
Purple Iris
Fuchsia

Activities:

Spending time with my kids
Blog surfing
Listening to music
Reading

Yes, yes, I know I have such a FULL life - full of what...we won't discuss! But, you know, it is the simple things in life that mean so much. I may not have much financially but I am rich in other ways.

No comments: